SOPs for hostels issued
Real all the elaborated details
Chandigarh: Panjab University, Chandigarh has issued SOPs containing general instructions for hostel residents, staff, cleaners, mess contractors of PU. Prof. Sukhvir Kaur, Dean Student Welfare that undertaking from the students under prescribed performa shall be mandatory along with submission of Covid Test undertaken not more than 7 days priors to coming to the hostels.
GENERAL SOPs for Hostels
• Arogya Setu App must be downloaded by the staff in their phones.
• Attendants/Security Guards posted at the entrance shall check temperature of each and every resident/person and staff member through thermal Screening Machine. The normal human body temperature is 97.7 to 99.5 degree Fahrenheit or 36.5 to 37.5 degree centigrade.
• The Attendants/Security Guards shall ensure sanitization of the hands of all the staff members as well asthe residents and mess/canteens/shops workers/everyone with foot operated hand sanitizer at the entrance of the hostel. They will also ensure wearing of mask by all in the manner that it snugly covers the nose as well as mouth.
• Each person in the hostelis advised not to do any handshakes or give hugs to each other.
• The seats for use of each Office staff should be fixedand they shouldnot sit here and there. Their movement within the office should be minimal.
• Staff involved in public dealing should wear face shields/Mask.
• The Attendantsand Senior Assistants shall supervise and ensure the cleanliness and sanitization of Reception area and all the open spaces in and around the hostel.
• High contact surfaces such as elevator buttons, handrails, handles, public counters, intercom systems, and equipments like telephone, printers/scanners and other office machines should be cleaned twice daily. Frequently touched area like table tops, chair handles, pens, diary files, keyboards, mouse pad, etc should specially be cleaned.
• Protective gears used during sanitation process should be discarded as per the requirements.
• There should be no gathering of employees anywhere in hostel premises.
• Employees should use intercoms/electronic media for interpersonal communication.
• Spitting in the open is strictly prohibited.Employees should spit only in the washbasin of the toilets and then rinse it with water.
• Employees should wear masks at all times while outside theirhomes.The masks should be worn in such a way that it snuggly covers the nose as well as the mouth. The cloth mask should be washed with soap and water daily after use.
• Employees should sanitize or wash their hands with soap and water at least 20 seconds by applying soap gently on the palm and back of the hands including web spaces between the fingers.
• Use a minimum of 3ml of the sanitizer (approximately 2 pushes of sanitizer dispenser) on DRY HANDS for at least 30 seconds for good hygienic hand disinfection.
• Employees should carry their own lunch packets, refreshment and water bottles from home. They should avoid using office utensils or sharing lunch/utensils with others. Employees should also avoid washing their lunch boxes and vessels in office.
• If an employee is suffering from fever or other COVID 19 like symptoms (cough/sneezing/difficulty in breathing), the employee shouldimmediatelyinform the Warden/Senior Assistant/Clerk concerned or Head Office and stay at home, and should also seek medical advice for timely detection and treatment of COVID 19.
Cleanliness (For Cleaners)
• Cleaners must use separate set of cleaning equipment for toilets (mops, nylon scrubber) and separate set for sink and gloves while cleaning a toilet. All the areas of the toilet such as the sinks, commode, taps etc should be thoroughly cleaned & scrubbed using soap/detergent and water.
• All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, escalators, elevators, security guards booths, office rooms, should be mopped with a soap/detergent/sanitizer.
• Metal surfaces like door handles, security locks, keys etc should be wiped using soap/detergent/sanitizer having 70% alcohol.
• Cleaners should always wear disposable protective gloves while cleaning a toilet.
• All the toilets and washrooms should be cleaned at least thrice a day.
Mess (for Contractors) (When it will be operational)
• Every day all mess workers will be monitored by the contractors for any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough/sneezing/difficulty in breathing)and report the same to the Warden concerned.
• The contractors will prepare a daily health bulletin of its workers and will submit the same to the Warden concerned every day before 5 p.m.
• Mess worker will always wear mask, gloves, cap and clean clothes and will wash hands frequently or use sanitizer.
• Vegetables should be cleaned with vinegar, salt powder and warm water.
• Only cooked food will be served in the mess. Contractor will ensure that mess workers do not go out of the University without any purpose.
• The milk packets shall be washed with soap and water before opening the same for usage.
• 40 Resident will be served at a time in a mess. Contractors must ensure at least 3 feet distance between two students.
• Packed cooked food from the outside is not allowed for residents.
• Residents must not be allowed to spend more than 20 minutes in the mess.
• All chairs and tables in the Mess will be sanitized/cleaned immediatelyafter serving one group of 40 Residents.
• A contact number of local guardian must be provided by all the hostellers in the office so that they can be contacted in case of any emergency. The list must be available with the Attendants/Security Guards of the hostels.
• Arogya Setu App must be downloaded by the residents in their phones.
• Incoming residents will be provided occupancy of the room sequentially so that proper distance is maintained.
• Movement register of the residents will be maintained. Residents will go out of the hostel, if it is mandatory. No night out will be allowed. No residents be allowed to go out from 8.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.
• Residents will always keep sanitizers with them.
• Visitors will not be allowed in the hostel.
• Parents may meet their ward only with the permission of the Warden.
• No resident will be allowed to enter into Common Room to watch T.V. or switch on Air Conditioner.
• Residents should not roam unnecessarily in the hostel and should notsit in groups inside the hostel.
• Residents must wear mask in the hostel when out of their room, except at the time of taking meal.
• Residents should maintain social distancing.
• Self-monitoring of health is advisable. Any illness should be reported to his/her immediate supervisor/research supervisor and chairperson of the department.
• Sharing of items- phone, books, pens etc. be strictly avoided.
• Research scholars to provide undertaking or consent (available on DSW Office Notice Board) of self that they want to avail hostel facility to attend and work in the department/research labs under the prevailing conditions of COVID-19. This undertaking should be forwarded by the concerned supervisor and Chairperson with remarks that they will follow all the SOP’s issued from time to time.
• Residents should not spit in and around the hostel or anywhere. In dire circumstances, they can only spit in the washbasin of the toilets and then rinse it with water.
• Masks should be worn such that it snuggly covers the nose as well as the mouth. The cloth mask should be washed with soap and water daily after use.
• Residents should wash their hands with soap for at least 20 seconds by applying soap gently on the palm and back of the hand including web spaces between the fingers.
• Residents should be advised to use spraydisinfectant before using the toilets.
All rules in the Handbook of Hostel Rules which go contrary to the above listed SOP, may be considered to have been superseded for the period SOP remains in operation.
General behavior protocols and SOP should be prominently displayed on notice board in the reception area as well as other common spaces such as Mess/ Canteen/Dining Halls/ Common Room/washing areas/ washrooms.