Expectation from Mutual Funds
• Simplification of rules for Investments by NRI from US in Indian Mutual Fund schemes
• Make Indian equity market accessible to overseas market participants like in other Asian countries.
• Separate regulator for Mutual fund to focus on the growth and penetration of Mutual Fund.
• SIP in equity ETF and Index related funds should be made eligible investments under section 80 CC and the exclusive limit should be given up to Rs. 50000
• Some allowance should be given to AMCs for opening offices in tier2 and tier 3 cities to promote MF business in these areas.
Expectation from General Budget
• Focus on Reforms like road map for implementing GST which will give higher revenue to both centre and state.
• Subsidies will reduce by will reduce due to nil under recovery by Oil companies in respect of petrol and diesel
• Additional revenue of Rs 50000 cr by way of increase excise duty on petrol and diesel done during current year.
• Custom duty on crude oil of 5% may be restored back in the current budget which will give addition revenue.
• Access on direct tax and services tax may be levied to generate revenue for Clean India Campaign.
• Good reforms in PDS and PPP infrastructure investment and direct benefit transfer payment of all subsidies.
• Expect Fiscal deficit around 3.6% as against 4.1% of last year projection.
• The revenue deficit may be much more healthier to enable the government to embark on capital expenditure in a big way and kick start Growth.
• Expect MAT on SEZ s to come down,
• Some measures towards consolidation of Banks