I have learnt importance of education from show: Aayudh Bhanushali
He portrays young Bhimrao in &TV’s Ek Mahanayak Dr B.R. Ambedkar
Since its launch in December 2019 &TV’s Ek Mahanayak, Dr B.R. Ambedkar struck a chord with the viewers and received tremendous appreciation for its compelling storyline and powerful characters. One character that stole the audiences’ heart with his acting prowess and screen presence is Aayudh Bhanushali, who portrays young Bhimrao in the show. In conversation with Aayudh on bagging this role, becoming an audience’s favourite in a short period and much more.
• How has been your experience shooting for &TV’s Ek Mahanayak Dr B. R. Ambedkar?
• It has been a wonderful experience shooting for &TV’s Ek Mahanayak Dr B.R. Ambedkar. Everyone takes good care of me and are quite helpful and supportive. There is never a dull moment on the set. All the cast and crew members, including the artists, listen to all my stories, play with me, and pamper me a lot. It feels like a second home.
• How has your journey been with the show? How much did you know about Babasaheb before the show and after you started working on the show?
• The journey has been wonderful, and also, I learnt a lot. Honestly, I had a limited understanding of Babasaheb before I took on the show. I only knew that he had written the Constitution of India. Upon signing for the show, I was given a detailed brief by the creative team and the researcher. And as I started shooting, I discovered many interesting stories about him and the revolution he brought into the community and society.
• Your character of Bhimrao has been a source of inspiration for many. How do your fans share their love and support?
• I keep getting numerous fan messages on social media and in person. A lot of people have appreciated the show and my role as young Bhimrao. They particularly like the learnings imparted and examples used by Ramji Sakpal (Jagannath Nivangune) at various points to explain situations to Bhimrao in the show. I get very happy when people call me Bhimrao instead of Aayudh. It has become a second name for me. It only goes to show how much the character of Bhimrao is liked and loved by the audience.
• How are you balancing your work and school?
• I try to maintain a balance between shooting for the show and studying. My mother helps me study whenever I get a break in between shots. She makes the most of my travel time y utilising it for revision. Also, these days classes are being run on the internet through zoom calls, so I do not miss out on school. Additionally, my schedule is planned in such a way that it balances the shoot, study, and play. I get a lot of support from everyone in completing my homework and preparing for my tests.
• What is your learning from the show?
• I have learnt a lot of good things from this show. One of them is the importance of education and how Babasaheb used education to transform his life and that of others. It is the only tool that can help us prepare for our life tomorrow.
• What activities do you take part in during your free time?
• When we get free time in between shoots all of us including the Director sir and crew members play games such as football, volleyball, cricket, badminton and musical chair on the sets. While I utilise my day off to catch up on my studies, I also spend time playing outdoor games like cricket, hide and seek and much more with my friends. But because of this pandemic which has compelled us to stay at home, I play indoor games like Carrom, Snakes and Ladder with my family. I also love pranking others which is my most favourite time-pass.
• Any message for viewers?
• I want to thank everyone for loving and supporting us. It is because of your love that I have become a household name. I request all of you to continue to watch and love our show and Bhimrao.