HYSEA organises Designa-Thon
A design focused student hackathon
Hyderabad: HYSEA organized a six weeklong Designa-thon – A design focused Hackathon for students in association with JNTU-H, TASK and The Deverakonda Foundation.
The key objective of the hackathon was to identify and nurture ideas and encourage design thinking among students. A predominantly design centric solution was expected from participants where they were asked to design a digital platform which helps connect multiple organizational stakeholders to help students find matching jobs for their profile.
The hackathon received remarkable response from the student community as more than 2300+ students consisting of 190+ teams from 50+ colleges participated in the hackathon. 50+ teams were shortlisted as finalists from which top 3 were declared winners and next two teams were Runners-up. The next four teams were recognized for the innovation and thoroughness of the solution they presented.
The Winners, Runners-up and Special Jury Mentions were presented the trophies and certificates in an impressive ceremony at JNTU-H campus by Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, Principal Secretary, ITE&C Department, Govt of Telangana and in-charge VC, JNTU. Also present on the occasion were Bharani K. Aroll, President, HYSEA, Dr. M Manzoor Hussain, Registrar, JNTU, Prof. Govardhan Aliseri, Rector and EC Member at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Shrikant Sinha, CEO, TASK and R. Srinivas Rao, COO, HYSEA.
Speaking on the occasion, Sesha M Rao, Managing Committee Member, HYSEA and Head of College Placements Umbrella, JNTU-H, said, “The enormous efforts put in by all the stake holders in organizing this hackathon has been exemplary. More than 25+ Jury members from the Academia and the Industry helped evaluate the hacks”. He also thanked Rajat Shahi, Founder & CEO, Hackmania who anchored the entire competition as hackathon partner.
Mr. Bharani K. Aroll, President, HYSEA, also addressed the winners and shared that the unique feature of this hackathon will be in addition to the trophies and certificates, the three winning teams would be able to intern at prominent HYSEA member companies.
Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, addressing the gathering appreciated the initiative taken by the Industry and the academia together to Identify innovative ideas from young minds and celebrating Innovation. He also appreciated the idea of Internships for the winning teams in HYSEA member companies and said it will go a long way in skill development and job creation.
Dr. M Manzoor Hussain, Registrar, JNTU, Prof. Govardhan Aliseri, Rector and EC Member at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Shrikant Sinha, CEO, TASK and Anoop Rai, Chief Administrative Officer, Strategy and planning, at State Street also spoke on the occasion.
Chief Operating Officer of HYSEA R. Srinivas Rao, delivered the vote of thanks.
The three winning teams are:
1. Arepalli Sindhura and Manasa Gottimukkala from College of Engineering for Women, BVRIT Hyderabad
2. Dama Sudheshna, Sahiti Vesangi, and Seeram Kaushik from VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology
3. Vardhan CM and Deeksha Reddy from St Martin’s Engineering College
The two Runners-up teams are:
1. Mohammad Shoaib, Global Institute of Engineering and Technology
2. Desu Sarvani, VNR Vignan Jyothi Institute of Technology, Tanuj R, CMR College of Engineering & Technology, G N Harshita, Geethanjali College of Engineering and Technology, Divija Chinni, VNR Vignan Jyothi Institute of Technology
The four teams recognized by the Jury for special mention:
1. Nikitha Yellur, Avaneesh Koona , Gunda Swetha, VNR Vignan Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology
2. Galibe Venkatesh, B Venkata Ramudu, Prashanth Jandipally, and Javvaji Bhavitha from Siddhartha Institute of Engineering and Technology
3. Sai Krupa Reddy, Lokesh Yadav, Harshavardhan Samudrala and Maheswaram Sohan from Ace Engineering College
4. S Jaswanth Reddy from BV Raju Institute Of Technology