Punjab government to fill 1 lakh government vacancies soon: Channi
Author(s): City Air NewsChandigarh, September 2: The Punjab Government would hold 5th Mega Job Fairs from 9th to 30th September, 2019 offering 2.10 lakh job vacancies in the private sector along with special emphasis on facilitating self-employment...
Chandigarh, September 2: The Punjab Government would hold 5th Mega Job Fairs from 9th to 30th September, 2019 offering 2.10 lakh job vacancies in the private sector along with special emphasis on facilitating self-employment loans to around 1 lakh youth. Disclosing this during a press conference held here at Punjab Bhawan today, the Technical Education & Industrial Training and Employment Generation Minister Mr. Charanjit Singh Channi said that these Job Fairs would be held in every district at total 82 venues across in which 1819 companies would be offering Jobs. “The Chief Minster Captain Amarinder Singh would hand over appointment letters to the selected candidates on 5th October during a State Level Function at Ropar,” added Channi.
The Minister briefed that during the 5th Mega Job fair drive, a high-end Job Fair would also be organised at ISB Mohali on 18th September in which about 25 Multinational Companies would be offering packages from Rs. 3 to 9 lac for 800 jobs.
The Minister said that under the visionary leadership of Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, the Punjab Government to provide one lac government jobs to the youth very soon and the process to fill these posts is in progress.
Mr. Channi said that the present Punjab Government has organised 4 State Level Mega Job fairs and one International Job Fair. He said that during the present regime since 2017 to till date, more than 8 lac beneficiaries have been facilitated with employment/self employment opportunities in private as well as government sector.
He further said that the Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh is personally monitoring the activities of the Ghar Ghar Rozgar which is the flagship scheme of the government and the Chief Minister himself has taken personal initiative to setup District Bureau of Employment and Enterprises, which have been established at district Headquarters in all the 22 districts and are fully functional since November 2018. Every DBEE is organising 2 placement drives per month and town exchange one per month and total 1025 small Melas/placement drives have been held.
Mr. Channi further said that in a unique initiative, the Punjab Government would set up ‘Foreign Studies Cell’ in the Employment Generation Department which would save the students from the fraud travel agents and fake universities. He said that this cell would work as an agent to guide and facilitate the Youth of the state for foreign studies and all the Public Universities/colleges and recognised genuine institutes would be registered with this cell. The cell would directly tie-up with the foreign institutes to send students abroad for studies. This will not only save the students from frauds but this will also help them financially as the commission which the foreign institutes pay to the agents would be returned to students.
The Minister also said that the ‘Punjab Ghar Ghar Rozgar and Karobar Mission’ has also been established as a full fledge office under the Department undertaking various project such as Punjab job helpline, coaching/training for jobs in government as well as private sector including soft skills/communication training, social media platform for maximum outreach, digital platform with a much more robust portal as well as website” said Channi. He said that department is also setting up a tele-call centre to assist every unemployed Youth, which would be run by a team of 100 professionals.
Others prominent people present on the occasion included Mr. Rahul Tewari Secretary Employment Generation, Mr. Parveen Thind Director Technical Education, Ms. Rajdeep Kaur Additional Director Employment Generation, Mr. Mohanbir Singh Sidhu Additional Director Technical Education and other senior officers of both the departments.
Detail of Venues for 5th Mega Job Fairs:
• Amritsar- Government ITI, Ajnala, Government ITI, Lopoke, Government ITI Ranjit Avenue, Govt Poly Technic College Chheharta, Government ITI, Rayya
• Barnala - Guru Gobind Singh College, Sanghera,
• Bathinda -Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University, Dabwali Road, Bathinda, Guru kashi University, Talwandi Sabho, Bathinda, DBEE Office Building, Near Children Park, Bathinda
• Faridkot-Government Senior Secondary School (Boys), Kotkapura, Government Barjindra College, Faridkot
• Fatehgarh Sahib- Desh Bhagat University Mandi Gobindgarh, Mata Gujri College, Fatehgarh Sahib, RIMT University, Mandi Gobingarh, Cordia College, Fathegarh Sahib
• Fazilka- Government ITI, Fazilka, Maharaja Agrsain I.T.I Abohar, Government ITI, Jalabad
• Ferozepur- Governmemt Polytnic College, Ferozepur, Dev Smaj College for Woman, Ferozepur City, Shaheed Bhagat singh State Technical Campus Ferozpur, Shaheed Udam Singh Punjab University Constituent College Mohan Dehithaarr, Government College, Zira
• Gurdaspur- Beant College of College Engineering & Technology Gurdaspur, IK Gujral PTU, Regional Campus Batala, Golden College of Engineering Technology Gurdaspur, SSM, College Dinanagar,
• Hoshiarpur- Multi Skill Development Centre, Rayat Bahra Institute of Technology, Government ITI, Talwara
• Jalandhar- C.T. Group of Institute, Shahpur Campus, Jalandhar, Government ITI, Mehatpur, Nakodar, DAVIET College, Jalandhar, D.A.V. University, Jalandhar, Lyallpur Khalsa College, Jalandhar, D.I.C., Jalandhar
• Kapurthala- Inder Kumar Gujral Punjab Technology nical University, Kapurthala, GNA University Phagwara, kapurthala, Anand College of Engineering & Management, Kapurthala
• Ludhiana- Government ITI, Gill Road, Gulzar Group of Institute, Khanna, Government ITI (Women) Samrala, Government Sr. Sec. Jagraon, Govt Institute of Textile Chemistry & Knitting Technology, Rishi Nagar,Ludhiana
• Mansa- Royal Group of College, Borawal, Shiv Shakti Group of College, Bhikhi
• Moga- Government ITI, Moga
• Pathankot- Aman Bhalla College of Engineering & Technology, Kotli, ITI (Boys), Pathankot, Shri Sai College of Engineering & Technology, Badhaani
• Patiala- ITI (Boys), Patiala, Poly Technic (Woman), Patiala, ITI, Rajpura (Boys)
• Roopnagar- ITI Bhadhal, Global Engineering College, Kahanpur Khui, Anandpur Sahib, Shaheed Baba Ajit Singh Jujhar Singh College, Bella, SGPC Khalsa College, Anandpur Sahib, Government High School, Nurpurbedi, Government College, Nangal, Government College, Roopnagar
• Sangrur- Anand Palace, Bhawanigarh, Desh Bhagat College, Bardwal ( Dhuri), Ramgarhia Bhawan, Pohir Road Ahmedgarh, Anaj Mandi, Moonak, Government College, Malerkotla, Shaheed Udam Singh College, Sunam, KCT College of Engeneering Technology . Fathegarh Sangrur, Comrade Bhim Singh Government Sen. Sec. School, Dirba, Bhai Gurdas Institute of Engineering & Technology, Sangrur ,
• Shri Mukatsar Sahib- State Institute of Automotive Driving Skill, Mahuana, Maloat, Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa Institute of Engineering & Technology, Chhapianwali, Malout., Government College, Shri Mukatsar Sahib, Mata Mishri Devi, D.A.V. College, Giddarbaha
• SAS Nagar- C.G.C Landran, SVIET, Banur, ITI (W) phase-5 Mohali, Government College, Dera Bassi, Government College, Ph.-VI, Mohali, Khalsa College, Mohali
• SBS Nagar- ITI (Boys), Nawan Shehar, Rayat Group of Institute, Railmajra, SBS Nagar
• Tarn Taran- Mai Bhago Nursing College, Tarn Taran