PPBM state secretary seeks information on engagement of pvt telecom contractor by GMT Ludhiana
Files an application before the PIO/APIO o/o General Manager Telecom, BSNL, Department of Telecom, Bharat Nagar Chowk, Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Mohinder Aggarwal, a resident of Aggar Nagar, Ferozepur Road, Ludhiana has filed an application before the PIO/APIO o/o General Manager Telecom, BSNL, Department of Telecom, Bharat Nagar Chowk, Ludhiana seeking some information under RTI Act, 2005.
He has sought the information stating that, “necessity arises to seek the following information under RTI act by me because I used to receive several complaints from consumers of mega city of Ludhiana being State Secretary of Punjab Pradesh Beopar Mandal (Regd.), Ludhiana.”
Aggarwal has sought information on the engagement of private telecom contractor by General Manager, Telecom Ludhiana, District Ludhiana on below noted points:
• Information required under RTI act on the proposal/idea to give telephone connections and broadband network maintenance to private operators under the head LPG (Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization) without giving any information to Ludhiana consumers.
• Information required under whose instructions private contractor was engaged in carrying out all works of BSNL i.e., clearance of faults, installation and shift of telephone connections and services, copper broadband under the head Maintenance for Ludhiana.
• Urgent need to supply information of the name of the contractors with their contact number and the area for which the contractor will operate.
• Urgent need to supply information of the details of instructions received from higher offices/Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi for engagement of private telecom contractor.
• Need to supply the official addresses of contractor at which contractor will be available with his staff and machinery.
• Information required with detail of qualification and experience at which the contractor’s staff will operate in Mega city of Ludhiana for maintenance of copper broadband connections.
• Information required about the offices to which complaint can be lodged against the contractor for delay in clearance of faults and for all maintenance purposes.
• Need to supply information rules/bylaws and notification under which the private contractors were engaged without giving any information to press and media (print and electronic).
• Information required whether printed sign boards for the engagement of private contractors have been placed/erected before all telephone exchanges/ main offices of administration. If so, supply photographs of the same.
• Information required that whether the staff of the contractor, while entering the premises of consumer, carries any identity card or name badge on their uniform as approved/specified by BSNL administration or the Contractor. If so, then supply the copy.