Pariva Pranati, aka Vandana in Sony SAB's Wagle Ki Duniya talks about spending time with her pets during lockdown
Says we should be kind to animals always
• What is the name of your pet, breed, age?
o I have two dogs, one is Labrador ‘Frodo’, he is 10 years old and another one is a mixed breed, she was rescued by us. Her previous owners had named her ‘Britney’ and she is 11 years old. I also have 4 Indian rescued cats - Champak, Robin, Kaalu and Orange.
• How is he/ she reacting to you not being home all the time?
o They get quite gloomy when I am not there but as they have aged too, we ensure that either my husband or I stay around and that we don’t leave them alone.
• Has lockdown changed routine for your pet, how are you dealing with it?
o We try our best not to change their routine in any way. They were happy during the previous lockdown when we both were home. Although at that time, we had three dogs. Our senior-most rescued dog Vellu baba crossed the rainbow bridge last July and we continue to miss him every day.
• Do you think through the pandemic, your pet baby has proven to be a great companion helping you keep a positive outlook on life?
o Yes, animals bring out the best in us. Their unconditional love and no judgement towards any given situation is something we all humans should learn from. They bring a lot of peace and calm to our lives especially the rescued ones make us feel very special. If I could, I would rescue all possible animals.
• Anything else that you would like to share about how your pet makes life special.
o I would just like to say that we should be kind to animals always. Help them and if you can’t then at least don’t harm them. They are the purest souls and we; humans morally always owe it to them to be caring and loving towards them. My pets are my kids and we share an irreplaceable bond.