Opposition Spreading False Rumours Due to Fear of AAP’s Growing Support: Sarvjit Kaur Manuke
Sarvjit Kaur Manuke on Wednesday strongly refuted rumours claiming that her husband had filed nomination papers from Ward No. 1, which is reserved for SC women, and accused the opposition of resorting to false propaganda out of political frustration ahead of the municipal corporation elections.
Jagraon, May 20, 2026: Sarvjit Kaur Manuke on Wednesday strongly refuted rumours claiming that her husband had filed nomination papers from Ward No. 1, which is reserved for SC women, and accused the opposition of resorting to false propaganda out of political frustration ahead of the municipal corporation elections.
Addressing a press conference along with AAP’s official Ward No. 1 candidate Paramjit Kaur, Manuke said the opposition has no genuine issue to corner her or the Aam Aadmi Party government, and therefore it has stooped to spreading fabricated stories and misleading rumours.
Manuke said the Bhagwant Mann-led Punjab Government has delivered more in four-and-a-half years than what was promised during the 2022 Assembly elections by the AAP. She said that with the 2027 elections approaching, the opposition is unnerved by the growing popularity and performance of the government, which is why it is indulging in such tactics.
Clarifying the controversy, Manuke said that someone else misused her husband’s name and managed to obtain a receipt from the Returning Officer’s office in an attempt to create confusion and spread misinformation. She added that she usually ignores such rumours because the opposition constantly spreads false narratives against her, but this time she was compelled to respond as several media outlets circulated the false story while using her photograph.
The MLA further said that similar attempts had been made earlier as well to malign her image, including false allegations that she was trying to encroach upon the house of an NRI. She termed those allegations completely fabricated and politically motivated.
Manuke said such rumours have no impact because she remains continuously connected with the people of her constituency, who know the truth and are fully aware of her work and commitment.
Addressing the media, AAP candidate Paramjit Kaur also dismissed the rumours and stated that Sarvjit Kaur Manuke had accompanied her during the filing of nomination papers and never asked her to withdraw or refrain from contesting the election from Ward No. 1.
Expressing confidence ahead of the Jagraon Municipal Corporation elections, Manuke said that AAP is set to register a major victory because people have witnessed the work done by the Punjab Government and now want similar development in their city as well.
She added that during the election campaign, she was shocked to learn that many residents had never even seen their previous councillors. This time, she said, people are determined to vote for leaders and a party that remain actively present among the public and work on the ground.

City Air News 

