Khadi wearing a rich tradition at KMV for over 134 years
Author(s): Rajat KumarJalandhar, September 29, 2019: Prof.Atima Sharma Dwivedi, Principal, Kanya Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar averred that KMV is organising a week long activities to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi....
Jalandhar, September 29, 2019: Prof.Atima Sharma Dwivedi, Principal, Kanya Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar averred that KMV is organising a week long activities to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
In this context she mentioned that KMVites have always saluted our father of the nation and have striven to imbide his teachings in letter and spirit. Khadi is synonymous with national pride and self-reliance for us and we at KMV have preserved our rich heritage by wearing white khadi every Monday for over 134 years now. Though KMV has scaled unprecedented heights of glory and has many international tie-ups and exchange programs with our students and alumni making a mark worldwide, yet we uphold Gandhian postulates with much pride and earnestness. KMVites used to spin khadi during first half of the twentieth century, Prof. Atima Sharma Dwivedi further maintained that Gandhi Ji himself had praised KMV and said “Gujarat National College should be made on model of KMV”. Such were the views of the great Mahatma about KMV. KMV’s Gandhian Studies centrehas takenthe initiative oforganising many activities to celebrate the birth anniversary of the Mahatma. On Sept. 30, 2019 we are organising following activities:
• Shramdaan by KMV Students at Green Belt opposite Circuit House at 6 AM onward.
• Run for Swachh Sashakt Bharat from Skylark Chowk flagged off by Mr. Diparava Lakra, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation at 6:15 AM
• Culmination of Run at Company Bagh at 6:45 AM
• Human Chain at Company Bagh led by Mr. Varinder Kumar Sharma, Deputy Commissioner, Jalandhar for observing ‘Nutrition for all Campaign’ at 7:30 AM
• A three day exhibition on Mahatma Gandhi from Oct. 01-03, 2019 at Virsa Vihar.
• Inter School Painting competition at KMV followed by prize distribution on October 3
As far as the love for Khadi is concerned the students also endorsed the views of Principal Prof.Atima Sharma Dwivedi. Sharing her views Priya the head girl said “We feel a strong sense of pride of being Indians when we bon the Khadi uniform. KMVites have not moved with the current and approved or promoted Khadi when in vogue. For us wearing of khadi is a salutation to our motherland and Mahatma Gandhi has been in fashion at KMV for 134 years and will continue to be so.”