Good news. No flood threat in district Ludhiana.
Author(s): City Air NewsBholewal (Ludhiana), August 24, 2019: The plugging work on the breach occurred on the path across the Sutlej river at the village Bholewal Kadim was reviewed by Cabinet Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer...
Bholewal (Ludhiana), August 24, 2019: The plugging work on the breach occurred on the path across the Sutlej river at the village Bholewal Kadim was reviewed by Cabinet Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab Bharat Bhushan Ashu and Member of Lok Sabha Ravneet Singh Bittu today.
They said that due to the timely relief work initiated by the district administration, the danger of flood in district Ludhiana has now been eliminated.
While interacting with the locals at village Bholewal Kadim, Ashu and Bittu said that about 150 feet of the breach had occurred at the site which, as soon as it became known, the administrative authorities started the repair work with the help of the locals. The breach was the most dangerous as its depth was of more than 45 feet. Which the district administration had to work hard to plug (to repair) it. He said that 90 per cent of the work has been completed while the remaining 10 per cent of the work will be completed soon.
He said that Satluj river was also about to breach near village Garhi Fazal in Mattewara complex but with the timely efforts made by the district administration, it was controlled. On this occasion, he directed the officers to be monitored for 24 hours so that no part of the Sutlej area could be found weak.
He said that medical camps and livestock camps are being organised to protect the people from diseases. Besides, the department is sending ration, prepared food, medicines, livestock fodder and necessary relief materials to the flood-affected people. He said that this situation has been declared a natural disaster by Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh, besides Rs 100 crore has been released for relief works. He reiterated that the Punjab government is still with the people in this crisis.
On this occasion, the MLA Sanjeev Talwar, MLA Kuldeep Singh Vaid, SDM Amarinder Singh Malhi, Zilla Parishad Member Gurdev Singh Lapran, Councilor Harkaran Singh Vaid, Gurdeep Singh Sarpanch, PA Goldy several officials and a large number of locals were also present.