Entry of outsiders totally banned in PU Hostels
Several steps taken in view of the spread of Corona Virus
Chandigarh: In view of the spread of Corona Virus, a meeting was conduced by Prof. Emanual Nahar, Dean Student Welfare and Prof. Neena Capalash, Dean Student Welfare(W), Panjab University(PU), Chandigarh was held here today to discuss the matters relating to PU Hostels. Following decisions were taken in the meeting to be implemented with immediate effect till further order:-
• Entry of outsiders is totally banned in the Hostels.
• Residents staying in the hostels must carry their Identity Cards all the time for checking while entry into the hostels.
• Canteens in all the hostels will remain closed. Workers working in the Canteens/Messes which are closed, should not stay in the hostels.
• One mess in each hostel except Boys Hostel No.8 and International Hostel will remain open. Mess will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner to the residents.
• Workers working in the messes which are open, must carry their Identity Cards with them.
• Heavy fine will be imposed on Contractor/s found packing and providing food to the outsiders and their contract may be cancelled.
• Raw Salad/vegetables/curt fruits will not be provided to the residents.
• All the shops in the Hostels will remain closed.
• Health Check of workers will be got done from the University Health Centre.
• If required, cloth mask will be provided to the resident staying in the hostels.
• In view of the 1st case of Corona Virus positive reported in Sector-21, Chandigarh, the students still staying in the University Hostels are advised to restrict their mobility within the Campus.