CMCH Ludhiana Medical Superintendent Dr Anil Luther issues urgent notice
In view of threat of Corona Virus outbreak
Ludhiana: Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) Ludhiana Medical Superintendent Dr. Anil Luther on March 22, 2020 has issued an urgent notice to all Staff, Heads and Unit Heads of all Departments. This urgent notice reads as under:
“In Keeping with the threat of Corona Virus outbreak an advisory given by the Honorable Prime Minister of India the following measures have been taken in our Institution as a preventive and precautionary measure to mitigate spread of the highly contagious Corona virus infection:
1. Only emergency OPD for both Private and General services will function from 23rd to 31 st March 2020
2. The following numbers have been assigned for the patients guidance and convenience
a. Hotline: 0161-211-5000
b. Reception : 0161-211-5203
c. Private OPD : 0161-211-5258, 7508000703
d. Bed Manager : 9115514700
e. Casualty : 0161-211-5289, 0161-211-5100
3. All elective surgeries have been postponed till further notice, and only emergency surgeries will be performed.
4. Special OPD for patients with respiratory symptoms (cough, cold, respiratory distress) has been created near the trauma center and after triage from the registration window they will be taken to this special OPD.
5. The Wards have been designated as follows: Patients will be triaged at the registration counter/Casualty for admission and then sent to the appropriate wards.
a. Ward 1 - Isolation ward for suspected patients (Pediatric and Adult age groups)
b. Ward 148 - Isolation ward for Hospital Employees with suspected infection
c. Ward 25 8 - Critical care beds for confirmed COVID 19 Infection ( 4 ventilator beds )
d. Ward 25 A - 20 beds for confirmed cases with mild/moderate symptoms not requiring ventilatory support.
6. All hospital employees of the Age more than 58 years are requested to refrain from entering hospital premises.
7. All are requested to extend full cooperation and adhere to the guidelines/ precautions issued by the competent authorities from time to time.
8. Any Issues or concerns to be communicated to the MS Office/Directors Office.
These guidelines will remain effective till further orders and can be revised anytime. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.”