Chandigarh: Airtel Payments Bank customers can now make secure and convenient digital payments for fuel purchase at 916 HPCL fuel stations across Punjab and Chandigarh. The announcement was done on Wednesday during the inauguration of first HPCL fuel station as banking point in Punjab and Chandigarh at the HPCL fuel station in, Sec 31, Chandigarh.
These cashless payments can be made via smartphones (MyAirtel App) as well as feature phones (USSD) and customer is not charged any transaction fee for these digital payments.
All Airtel Payments Bank customers would also be able to access a range of convenient banking services at these 916 fuel stations e.g., open new accounts, make cash deposits and withdrawals facility, and transfer money. This will add to the depth and reach of Airtel Payments Bank’s retail based network that leverages over 40,000 Airtel retail outlets as banking points in the state.
Shashi Arora, MD & CEO, Airtel Payments Bank said, “The partnership with HPCL would boost our endeavor to build a robust and diverse merchant ecosystem that brings more digital payments avenues to our customers. We are, in particular, pleased to have these fuel outlets as our banking points. We are confident that this partnership will add to the growth of digital payments in the state of Punjab and contribute to the Government’s Digital India vision.”
Airtel payments Bank’s bouquet of innovative and convenient services include:
· Digital Banking: Quick and paperless account opening using Aadhaar based e-KYC. This requires no documents at all, only the customer’s Aadhaar number is needed.
· The customer’s mobile number will be his/her bank account number.
· Interest rate of 7.25 % p.a. on deposits in savings accounts, the highest in India.
· Money transfer to any bank account in India (Free money transfer from Airtel-to-Airtel numbers within Airtel Payments Bank).
· Free Personal Accidental Insurance of Rs. 1 Lac with every Savings Account.
· Easy deposit and withdrawal facility across a wide network of Airtel retail outlets.
· USSD and IVR in 12 languages for non-smartphone customers.
· An online debit card in partnership with MasterCard.
· A nationwide digital payments ecosystem with over three million merchants